- Computer is a general purpose machine which can be programmed to perform Arithmetic and Logical operations.
- The Physical parts of the Computer are known as Hardware.
- Programs or Instructions given to the Computer to carry out different tasks are known as Software.
How a Computer works?
Computer accepts inputs or directions from a user and carries out certain instructions based on the programs already written in it and perform a task.
Some Input Devices in Computer
- Web Camera
- Bar code reader
- Biometric Scanners
- Touch pad
Some Output Devices in Computer
- Head phones
Different Memory types in Computer
- RAM- Random Access Memory, SRAM- Static RAM, DRAM- Dynamic RAM
- ROM- Read Only Memory, PROM- Programmable ROM, EPROM- Electrically Programmable ROM, EEPROM- Electrically Erasable PROM
- Hard Disc- Magnetic Memory
- Compact Disc(CD)- Optical Memory- External Memory
- Digital Video Disc (DVD)- Optical Memory- External Memory
- Blu-Ray Disc (BD)- Optical Memory- External Memory
- Floppy Disc- Magnetic Memory- External Device
- Flash Memory (Pen Drive) – EEPROM Technology
- Micro SD Card (Memory Card) – EEPROM Technology